Thursday, April 14, 2011

Butterfly in the Sky...I Can Go Twice as High

So, now that you hopefully have an awesome song in your head and a sudden crush on Levar Burton, I will tell you about these lovely little crochet butterflies.  I wanted to try these because it is my sweet Grandmother's birthday and she love, love, loves butterflies.  Whenever I see butterflies I think of her.  I haven't quite decided what I am going to do with these, but something awesome will come to mind, or, more likely, I'll find some great idea on one of the many wonderful craft blogs I read.  Until then, just enjoy.




The tutorial for this project came from the ever amazing Little Birdie Secrets blog, and the link directly to the crochet butterflies is here.  Also, really don't be afraid to try these, even if you don't know much about crochet.  I know the absolute, sheer basics and I had to google a couple of stitches, but the Birdies know their tutorials and this one is so fun and easy to follow.

Just for fun, here's a picture of my sweet Grandmother, my precious baby girl, and me.

**Don't be jealous of my awesome photography skills.  I mean, not everyone can be as good as I am at capturing the true wonder of real life through the magic of the lens.

1 comment: