Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cute Chicks

 I have a great friend who's crafty, she's just my style.  She is also finishing her basement and has a plethora of bits of 2x4's.  With that in mind, she has found a couple of websites where they use almost only 2x4's in their crafts.  Super fun.  We had been planning to make pumpkins but we missed the Fall.  Then we were going to do Christmas trees, but alas that season also passed us by.  We were determined to do something for Spring/Easter though, and my persevering friend invited me over to make these little babies. 



 
We changed a couple of things.  I didn't really want to do a duck, so I did chicks instead.  I got one of those fuzzy feather boas from Hobby Lobby and cut it into strips.  It only took three strips to make the chick look really full.  We painted the boards and then used Elmer's glue to attach the feathers.  We hot glued the googly eyes, which, by the way, were purchased from the dollar store.  Beautiful.  We made the feet out of pipe cleaners and hot glued them to the bottom.  The beaks are a brown foam, also hot glued, and the bows (my own personal and wonderful idea) to make his and hers.  Love them!

The sheep we just followed the instructions from the blog, but we did add the bow.  Cutey, cute, cute and perfect for Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment